Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Who's Brat in Grass Valley,CA

First brat I've seen within 100 miles of my house in a year and a half! Beautiful Gen2, but they were in such a hurry to leave K-mart that i couldnt run fast enough to track them down!!!!!!Anyways, if it's your brat, I say BRAVO!!!

There's a white brat sitting in a driveway less than a block from my house. Have been living in this place for 2 years and never seen it before last week so Im assuming the owner just bought it.

I agree, you dont see many brats. Grass Valley has more EA81 Subarus than Sacramento though. Doubt the owner is on this board.

Ive been thinking of stopping by the white brat's house and letting them know about this place.

-Brian

First brat I've seen within 100 miles of my house in a year and a half! Beautiful Gen2, but they were in such a hurry to leave K-mart that i couldnt run fast enough to track them down!!!!!!Anyways, if it's your brat, I say BRAVO!!!

is it like a maroon brat with a camper shell? cuz if it is ive seen it alot with the past 2 years

i dont recall the color... no camper though. you are right about our wagon situation up in grass valley/nevada city.... there are SOOOOOOOOO many! I think nevada county may have the most subaru's per capita in the US..... it would be cool to do a study on that.... and then whatever county won, Subaru could invite all of the owners to a get together and give away a car or something and do a HUGE photo shoot with all of the cars for an ad.... that would be SWEET

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know, I'd say Nevada County is probably pretty high up there on the list.... it doesn't matter who has the most, story still applies, that would be a SWEET advertising campaign! slogan could be "everybody's doing it!".... or something...... whatever, i think its a cool idea

Per capita, I bet Ward, CO wins. Though we did have a major cleanup in the last two years, and alot of the older non-running ones got taken away.

In my town of ~200, I counted 1 EA81 brat, 7 EA81 wagons (two mine), 2 EA81 hatches, 1 EA82 coupe, 1EA82 sedan, 9 EA82 wagons (1 mine), two RX's, 5 2nd gen legacies/outbacks, 2 justy's, 3 1st gen legacy sedans, 8 1st gen legacy wagons, an early impreza sedan, two early foresters, and one impreza outback. And that's just on the main two or three streets. Probably double that if we start counting the outlying houses off in the woods. About 80% of those in running condition -- which is a high percentage for my town. Probably less than 40% of all the cars in town run. Nothing newer than about 1999 or 2000 that I remember (no 3rd or 4th gen legacies spotted in my quick search). Probably about 25% of all the vehicles in town are subarus, and well over half of the non-pickup trucks....

There is a guy who lives off highway 20 up near White Cloud who owns a few brats. I meet up with him once. He's a strange fella. :-\ So that might have been him.

Another dude lives in Rough and Ready with a few more... Could have been him too.. haha

I know of a lifted 84 wagon in Nevada City. It's mine, maybe I'll see ya around someday. :)

Anchorage Alaska has far more subaru's than any other state in the US. Expecially per capita. Condisering Alaska has maybe 750,000 in the entire state. Then there is Washington State and Oregon which probably have more than northern california as well.

-Brian

I've traveled a lot with the Air Force, and I'd have to say Portland is the Subaru capital. There's something about those "earthmuffins" and Soob's. Alaska would be a close second. Per capita, I'd have to go with central South Dakota.

i dont know, I'd say Nevada County is probably pretty high up there on the list.... it doesn't matter who has the most, story still applies, that would be a SWEET advertising campaign! slogan could be "everybody's doing it!".... or something...... whatever, i think its a cool idea

im with ya man sounds like a good idea