Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rain guard/vent visor/deflectors?

I would absolutely love to put a set of these on my '98 Impreza, but I can't seem to find a source. I know that I've seen them on a couple of '98 Outbacks, and can't seem to find sources for those either. Can anyone help me out?

I'm wondering if those that had them on their Outbacks customized them models made for other cars.

www.japanparts.com

They are not associated with Subaru, but a Japanese to worldwide distributor. There are no deals there, but hard to find products, or those NOT available in the US or other world markets. Shipping is high.

Yes, I have the "vent visors" on MY04 Forester. They were $159 when I bought them over a year ago. And $45 for shipping.

They were expensive, but I did want them and do enjoy them.

• 2 years later...

I recently called a nearby dealership to ask about these, as well as a couple of different independent parts stores, and the answer I got was the same: "If you find anything that works, let us know; we get a lot of calls about those."

Checking the links in this thread revealed a lot of "Sorry, this item has been sold or removed," messages, and the link to Auto Ventshade elicited a "This product is not guaranteed to fit your vehicle," message.

From what I understand, the difficulty is in the lack of an upper window frame on the doors, which makes sense. If anyone has any updated info on where one can obtain a set of these that would fit a MOY'99 Legacy Outback, I'd love to find out. And so would the parts dealers in my area.