Ultimate Subaru Message Board

TD05H or Big compressor VF7?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY CRAPOLY... your going to pay $100 to get the tiny turbo extrude honed???? your a serious Subiman :headbang:

I just like to tinker. Yeah, I plan on sending it off an having it extrude honed. I like the results that I have seen from extrude honing and think that it may be beneficial to the VF7.

if you're sticking with the VF7 you should definately port your wastegate (unless extrude honing is just that :rolleyes:)

because I have a stock EA82T with 2,5 inch TBE and it boost creeps like there is no tomorrow... so while your turbo is out, please, port it.

if you're sticking with the VF7 you should definately port your wastegate (unless extrude honing is just that :rolleyes:)

No worries about that. That was one of the first things that I did when I began modding the car. I looked at the wastegate opening and immediately got to work porting. I also took the liberty to shape the inlet port on the exhust side of the turbo as well. I still need to polish the compressor housing first before I decide whether to send it out to have any extrude honing done. Right now the car has all of this:

2.25" TBE(including CATCO high-flow cat)

Custom bellmouth downpipe

SRP manual boost controller(running 11psi)

adjustable FPR(43psi)

Mitsubishi Starion Intercooler(Top mounted)

160* Thermostat

WRX hood scoop

Recirculating BOV

3" custom fenderwell intake w/ Blitz knock-off stainless steel airfilter + MAF adapter

New fuel Pump(91psi line pressure)*not sure about flow rate*

RhinoPac HD clutch kit

That is just what the car has right at the moment. I am going to be changing some things when I get back to the States. But these mods are enough to spin the tires(and I mean completely lose traction) through 3rd gear at WOT from a dead stop. Kinda fun, but not so much for the tires.

sounds like a nice line-up, but, I very much doubt you can get all 4 loose. On a good day your mods will net you about 200chp, to break loose all 4 you need at least 400chp, you will chirp the tires, sure, but completely loose?

unless of course you have non-performance, skinny, old tires :rolleyes:

sounds like a nice line-up, but, I very much doubt you can get all 4 loose. On a good day your mods will net you about 200chp, to break loose all 4 you need at least 400chp, you will chirp the tires, sure, but completely loose?

unless of course you have non-performance, skinny, old tires :rolleyes:

I kid you not about losing traction, but then again, it is still riding on the stock 13" wheels with new, non-performance, skinny tires.:lol:

Our cars dont weigh that much at all, 250 could spinn them, but not roast them.

This is exactly my point. It won't roast the tires, but if I don't release the clutch at the right time(as in, release it kinda late), it just spins tires. May be due to bad motor & diff mounts for all I know. They were getting close to time to change them anyway. But one thing I am looking for while I'm over here, are wheel spacers. Nothing super thick where I will have to change the wheel studs, but something to help widen the stance a bit for a little better traction. I am also looking into the widest tread tires that will fit on the stock 13s.

ive had my rx spinning all four tires on dry pavement, and i had 15"pugs with performance tires on em. cought me off gaurd honestly though. it did it around a turn on a divided highway, was turning left onto the eastbound lanes from a sside road, gave it a little bit of right foot and the car just went sideways acrossthe center divider and both lanes of the road i was getting onto, thankfully there were no police and a wide sholder, lol. nothing like a four wheel drift to get the blood pumping, lol.

you guys are right, I hadn't thought about the weight issue, I was thinking about impreza's

and four wheel drifts can even be done in a stock XT turbo, that's no biggie ;) (mind you, EDM, so 140chp)

loosing traction as in, standing still smoking all fours, that's what we're talking about :clap: good job (eventhough it was on skinny 13's)

the FT4wd xt turbo that i had would light all 4 wheels up, however i always dumped it on wet groud because i didnt want to break anything underneath. i honestly think it would have on dry ground with no problem, but i drove the car everyday and the tires were pricey.

here was my mods list (i pulled this from an old post):

-IHI VF11 Turbo with modded wastegate rod (ive seen boost at 1900rpms)

-K & N intake

-WRX stock downpipe and midpipe with a 3inch straight pipe (no muffler), the best example of a boxer engine ive heard so far without being obnoxiously loud and aside from scoobie steve's STi swap.

-full XT6 suspension front and back with adjustable KYB's in the rear

-XT6 brakes, rotors and 5 lugs

-shortened shifter with Honda knob and boot

-Volvo By Pass Valve

-Turbo XS standard boost controller set at 11psi as of yesterday to help with fuel economy. Setting the timing back will get you to 14-15psi safely.

-Ford T-Bird intercooler

-custom short throw shifter

-3.70 rear LSD and RX FT 4WD trans

-XT6 clutch and lightened flywheel

-677/260 Delta cams

-XT6 wheels with 205/60/14 new Sumitomos

-complete XT6 interior including dash, seats, trunk and paneling

-Autometer boost, temp and oil pressure guages

-plenty more little things i cant think of

and four wheel drifts can even be done in a stock XT turbo, that's no biggie ;) (mind you, EDM, so 140chp)

Lucky Duck!! Wish mine had started out with 140 at the crank. I just wonder if the horsepower produced is a result of ECU programming or if it is the actual engine? The reason I say this is because my car has a low mileage JDM engine in it now(The original was replaced due to cracked heads).

here was my mods list (i pulled this from an old post):

-IHI VF11 Turbo with modded wastegate rod (ive seen boost at 1900rpms)

-K & N intake

-WRX stock downpipe and midpipe with a 3inch straight pipe (no muffler), the best example of a boxer engine ive heard so far without being obnoxiously loud and aside from scoobie steve's STi swap.

-full XT6 suspension front and back with adjustable KYB's in the rear

-XT6 brakes, rotors and 5 lugs

-shortened shifter with Honda knob and boot

-Volvo By Pass Valve

-Turbo XS standard boost controller set at 11psi as of yesterday to help with fuel economy. Setting the timing back will get you to 14-15psi safely.

-Ford T-Bird intercooler

-custom short throw shifter

-3.70 rear LSD and RX FT 4WD trans

-XT6 clutch and lightened flywheel

-677/260 Delta cams

-XT6 wheels with 205/60/14 new Sumitomos

-complete XT6 interior including dash, seats, trunk and paneling

-Autometer boost, temp and oil pressure guages

-plenty more little things i cant think of

Goodness that is a long list of mods! That is pretty awesome if I do say so myself!:clap:

Lucky Duck!! Wish mine had started out with 140 at the crank. I just wonder if the horsepower produced is a result of ECU programming or if it is the actual engine? The reason I say this is because my car has a low mileage JDM engine in it now(The original was replaced due to cracked heads).

nobody knows for sure, but as far as I can tell, the EDM engine boosts higher (0,7bar) and the ECU is adjusted to work properly at this boost level, also it has no cats and no O2 sensor so fewer power draining emissions crap.

Stock boost in Europe is around 0.55 bar, 0.7 bar comes with a slight mod to exhaust. I think the downpipe is too restrictive in stock form. The stock power is 136 hp, with a 2,5" exhaust and not other mods it's goes up to 150-160 hp. My Leone was dynoed 136 hp off the wheels meaning 160 chp :)