Ultimate Subaru Message Board

For future reference:

Always take "the bad one" first, chances are you only have to break it loose, then take it out by hand, once the weight of the starter is on it (by taking the easy one first) you will be wrenching it the entire way.

I got it -- I realize about the weight thing --I worked on office equipment for 25 years...

It was just a little tough to get on --it's 94 deg too...

The part of the starter where the battery cable hooks up to is broken --it fell apart in pieces when I got the bolt and nut loose. I had to use a sawzall to get it apart:grin:

Auto zone $79 exchange will that one be OK?

Thanks

:grin:

Auto zone $79 exchange will that one be OK?

Auto Zone has the lifetime parts warranty, for a reason... They hope you don't own the car for more than 5 or 6 months, or they'd go broke. All AZ parts I've seen need to be replaced at frequent intervals, intervals which you could almost set yer watch by.:-p

Lewis

Yea but...They are cheaper and Subaru did a great job of designing these motors to be user friendly. Lifetime warranty and exchange it is my philosophy. Oh! Advance's lifetime is lifetime one time. Auto zone is lifetime lifetime and they price match so check around and it doesn't have to have same name brand just same warranty.

Its installed and running great...

We bought the car new in 96 and it has 220K on it and you wouldn't know it. Of course we're in Texas and the body has no rust.

We're trying to get to Colorado -- well we have been since 97 and we haven't made it yet. Perhaps about 1 year and it's the mountains for us.

Anyway, it's so easy to change if it screws up --I'll return it for another.

Thanks for the help though...