Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thats right...I bought a 2004 Ford Escape today. I am giving my Outback to my mom. Her Legacy has nearly 300,000 miles on it...so my OBW with 140,000 miles will be like new to her. ;)

Hopefully in a couple years when the wife and I buy a new car, we'll get a Legacy....and an SVX for my project car.

I really wanted a newer Subaru...but I couldn't find a 2002 or newer Subaru around here for under $15.000. They really do hold the value.

I am just glad my mom wanted my Outback...at least I know it'll go to someone who will take care of it, and I will still get to see it whenever I want.

I really wanted a newer Subaru...but I couldn't find a 2002 or newer Subaru around here for under $15.000.
I'm pretty close to you and there are a pretty good number of affordable soobs. Picked up an '02 Legacy L wagon for under $6000 a couple of months back. High mileage (130k) but otherwise in great shape.

I can highly recommend Mount Pleasant Auto Sales. Always at least a half dozen '00 and later soobs on the lot for under $10k. Too late for the present, but keep them in mind for down the road.