Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Funny salesman

I went to the Subaru dealer yesterday to check on an electric fan for my car. While I was there I decided to look at the new Subarus. A salesman approached and offered to help me. I told what I was doing and about my car. He said " you might have to trade that one in about ten years from now."

I could not believe it, $180 for an electric fan. No I did not buy it. I guess that they don't plan to sell very many of these. Are there any good Subaru junkyards here Northern Utah?

T man

Usually, when I go to our Local Subaru Dealer`s place, the Price of many things are extremly High... Specially for a 22+ years old Subie... but Some Parts are Really Cheap (Against Aftermarket Parts, Specially Consider the Quality) For Example: Original Subaru Japanese Oil Filters costs here almost the same (Just a Very Li`l Bit more) than aftermaket ones.

Some other things are Only Avaliable at the Dealer, such as Disty Caps, Rotors, etc... and Junkyards aren`t a good option for those kind of Things...

But an Electric fan Usually shall be Fine, except if the previous owner did use it "Directly" -always on- as some cars has it here -due to overheatin` issues- So, I suggest you to Test carefully (Be Careful with the Spinnin` blades) a Junkyard fan, before buyin` it.

Good Luck! :burnout: