better exhaust

UPDATE!:

better cam

port matching the exhaust

accel superstock coil

mallory 8mm plug wires

NGK plugs gapped to .45 - .50

what else?

also, how much HP do you think this would have and how much of that is from the cam?

I don't know the science of cams, can a reground one give me better power while keeping the power-band the same? (I don't want a low-end monster thats slow or a top-end beast that is gutless below 5 grand. Of course I am exagerating, but you get my point.:D

-AK.

the cylinder heads are where most of the potential power lies. given the same perameters. (cubic inch, compression, fuel) the problem is that most do not have access to a flow bench. i would try port matching the exhaust. you do not want to do this to the intake side as it will create more of a puddling effect. just a suggestion. good luck

non turbo engines already have 9.5:1 compression. Its all about how much air and fuel you can get into the combustion chamber....from there, its kinda a science of compbusting it correctly, and then getting it out of the CombChamb quickly.

With some small reground cams, and your list of mods...and a spyder intake, id say 140 is not out of the question.

With turbo...money is the limit.

I read about these older F1 cars, making like, 1000~1500 HP, with small 4 cyl engines....73psi of boost on 102 octane!!!

Alright, that seems to be all the mods for the engine right?

so, now the exhaust:

What would be a good diameter? 2 inches maybe?, I don't want steal from low end very much.

what measurement for a camgrind? again, I would like to rty to keep a good balance.

-AK.