Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi, all. Finally replaced my 84 fwd wagon with a decent 92 Loyale, 5-speed 4wd, and I have (naturally) a small shopping list for you all. 1) Where's the horn located? It doesn't work, and doesn't seem to exist. 2) One door lock is extremely stiff, and the inside lock button is broken in half. Lube or linkage damage? 3) Tilt wheel lever is immoveable. (Top release lever workes fine) Where to start looking? 4) Heater fan has resistor problem (no slow speed) Where to find the resistor? And last but not least I wouldn't mind finding a schematic online. I have run a search on these issues, and apart from the resistor haven't dug up the info. Thanks people.

You should post in the Older Gen forum, that's generally where all EA82 questions go.

Horn is in the center of the steering wheel :lol: Sorry, not trying to be funny, it is there. I can't remember off the top of my head what it looks like, but I can look at mine tomorrow.

I think there is probably resistor replacement info in the USMB.

Good luck,

Andy

You should post in the Older Gen forum, that's generally where all EA82 questions go.

Horn is in the center of the steering wheel :lol: Sorry, not trying to be funny, it is there. I can't remember off the top of my head what it looks like, but I can look at mine tomorrow.

I think there is probably resistor replacement info in the USMB.

Good luck,

Andy

Andy, very funny. I did find the horn BUTTON, it's the fricken HORN location I'm lookin' for. And yes I realize I posted to the wrong Forum (hit the wrong BUTTON!:-\ )

but I don't know how to move it. Need help from a moderator.

Paul

1) Where's the horn located? It doesn't work, and doesn't seem to exist.

The horn is on the radiator support, I can't remember if you have to pull the rad or grill but it's in there

2) One door lock is extremely stiff, and the inside lock button is broken in half. Lube or linkage damage?

I'd start by pulling the inside door cover off and check for grease, or lack of. Also that nothing is impending the movement

3) Tilt wheel lever is immoveable. (Top release lever workes fine) Where to start looking?

There are two levers, one sets the hight and the other is the release, make sure you are using the correct lever.

4) Heater fan has resistor problem (no slow speed) Where to find the resistor?

under the dash, left of steeringwheel. There are four in a row.

And last but not least I wouldn't mind finding a schematic online. I have run a search on these issues, and apart from the resistor haven't dug up the info. Thanks people.

You can check the "Ultimate Subaru Repair Manual", it is just down the forums list about half way, or someone I'm sure can email you one. Later, Tim

The heater resistor is bolted to the side of the airduct's behind the fan motor. If you take off the underdash panel on the passenger side, you will see the fan motor sticking out from the air box. The resistor is the black cube held on with a couple of small screws and one of the 3 fan motor bolts that is behind the fan motor. It has a bundle of wires coming out of it.

Thanks everyone. One question still left - the tilt wheel lever. chef tim, it is the height adjusting lever that is not moveable. The (top) release lever works fine. The wheel is set at it's highest position and the lower lever will not swing down at all. Anyone?

The heater resistor is bolted to the side of the airduct's behind the fan motor. If you take off the underdash panel on the passenger side, you will see the fan motor sticking out from the air box. The resistor is the black cube held on with a couple of small screws and one of the 3 fan motor bolts that is behind the fan motor. It has a bundle of wires coming out of it.

Duh!!! good call 91, I was thinking relays. Please disregard my respone to that item. Tim