Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So Smallcar.com has a kit they sell for $2950 that includes everything including the transmission, and they also sell a kit for $350 that is basically all the bracketry and stuff but nothing else... Does anyone on here have any experience doing a 5 speed conversion on an SVX?

So Smallcar.com has a kit they sell for $2950 that includes everything including the transmission, and they also sell a kit for $350 that is basically all the bracketry and stuff but nothing else... Does anyone on here have any experience doing a 5 speed conversion on an SVX?

Talk to Huck..owner and creator of Frankenwedge also check out the SVX board..plenty of info there:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php

Stay away from the smallcar kit. I have heard more bad than good about their 5-spd kits.

TomsSVX puts together a kit that will eliminate any of the fabwork for the pedal assembly, linkage or the crossmember. It is what we used to put a 5-speed in the Racer.

If you can do the fabwork yourself, you can follow Huck's instructions to do the swap for under $1000 depending on the trans you can find.

For more details, definately go to http://www.Subaru-svx.net

yeah I'm basically collecting $ for parts but not parts themselves :-P The car's basically mine, I just have to wait until the guy who's garage it's in gets back from California, which won't be until the first week of October :banghead:

But once I get the "bad" transmission figured out, my 90 Legacy wagon will be up for sale, although w/out the WRX wheels since they have brand new rubber on 'em :-)

I would wait a while before selling the Lego. Granted, I've only owned my SVX for about a month and have only put 20mi on it. But from all the reading I've done of others experiances with thiers, you may want a backup car for a little bit. At least until the bugs are worked out.

Any more info on the car?

Mileage, condition, etc?

Not any more. I got a quote from a local installer I have used before.

$350-$375 for one that doesnt have the bronze tint.

A quote is one thing, delivering on it is another. Just like that infamous aftermarket XT6 radiator. There isn't one!:grin: Glass coverage is cheap!

I would wait a while before selling the Lego. Granted, I've only owned my SVX for about a month and have only put 20mi on it. But from all the reading I've done of others experiances with thiers, you may want a backup car for a little bit. At least until the bugs are worked out.

Any more info on the car?

Mileage, condition, etc?

I've got the turbwagon still :-) but since my parents are buying my wife's Impreza for my brother, I think she's going to drive the Lego until we find something newer for her to drive :-P