Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey all!

I've owned a 2006 Legacy spec b for about a year now and just got done doing a few mods and I love it even more. :banana: I was wondering what other mods that are out there where I can get even more HP and or Torque... Because I am the president of the more money than brains club I'll try to describe what has been done as best I can...

STI short ram air intake...

Cobb exhaust...

Access port installed...

Swaped out "up pipe"...

A turbo blow valve...

I don't want to make the car any louder and I don't want to compromise the reliability of the car. Any suggestions?

Thanks Sean.

Hey all!

I've owned a 2006 Legacy spec b for about a year now and just got done doing a few mods and I love it even more. :banana: I was wondering what other mods that are out there where I can get even more HP and or Torque... Because I am the president of the more money than brains club I'll try to describe what has been done as best I can...

STI short ram air intake...

Cobb exhaust...

Access port installed...

Swaped out "up pipe"...

A turbo blow valve...

I don't want to make the car any louder and I don't want to compromise the reliability of the car. Any suggestions?

Thanks Sean.

So, thats a pretty good start, but i got to tell you that you should probably loose the blow-off valve. Your actually loosing Horsepower and creating more lag, the stock subaru recirculating system is awesome. And you really dont need the BOV unless you have a bigger turbo.

What "exhaust" do you have that is not louder? Did you just do the axleback? If so a downpipe makes a significant difference. You can always quiet the car back down with a cat and extra resonators before the muffler.

Bigger or front mount intercooler + custom tune for your car would make the engine safer and more efficient (aka more power). A slightly larger turbo would enhance the effect. But if you go too big then you will start needing bigger injectors, etc...