Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Are subaru struts interchangeable?

There are a lot of Subarus that have interchangeable struts, but your 07 ob is not one of them. The only thing that will work is stuff for 05-08 Legacies.

Taking a cutting torch and hammer to the suspension of a brand new car is about the most retarded idea I've ever heard of. Like, I can't even figure out what you were intending to do. Bend control arms and various links or something? Yeah that would work great :rolleyes:

You are in luck though. megan racing makes budget coilovers for the outback that can lift the car. If I were you I'd try to contact one of their sales reps. I met one of them awhile back who had a lifted 06 outback.

Taking a cutting torch and hammer to the suspension of a brand new car is about the most retarded idea I've ever heard of. Like, I can't even figure out what you were intending to do. Bend control arms and various links or something? Yeah that would work great :rolleyes:

QUOTE]

If my 05 wasn't the only car we have for my wife to drag our little grub around in I'd have the suspension out of mine. The OBXT was the best as far as what we needed (fast sporty wagon) but the suspension could still use some improvement in my opinion. They should have come with double a-arms with coil overs and the amount of squat is ridiculous. Of course the tranny would be replaced with a 6spd and I'm sure a twin turbo would help with the low end problem.

Why do you want more tire clearance? No matter how high you take it the wheel wells are too small to fit bigger rubber into. Only fix there is to start cutting stuff. And I wouldn’t recommend a torch to do it, a body saw is much cleaner and more accurate.

I assure you that my cutting torch and hammer comment were an attempt at humor. Only a certifiable MORON would cut on a brand new car. I was simply a little frustrated at the lack of more rugged tire selection. I mean with the ground clearance and awd the outback should have a more aggressive stock tire than the craptenza.

I have only put 12K on them and they are noticibly worn. Before you guys pile on me about alignment it is uniform wear. I had to get a nail hole fixed and the guys at Les schwab said every thing looked good other than the nail hole.they said I may get another 10K.

The STATE has hinted that awd may not be enough in the snow zones this year. The tires need to have the mountain/snowflake logo or chains may be required.