Ultimate Subaru Message Board

14" Wheels on 99 Legacy GT?

I'm not sure of that; I know there are some issues with the WRX models and 15" wheels. I would just try mounting one of the 14" steel wheels you have on the front and see if it clears the caliper. If it does you should be okay since the offsets are close enough. Otherwise look for some 15" wheels/tires on craigslist or the local wrecking yard.

oh right ed, i may be thinking of the 15" variety, none of the 14"ers may fit...scratching head. there is one size (14" or 15") where some do fit and some do not...basically the steels don't clear the calipers but the alloys do. if that's true it rules out the 14" steels either way.

OK well I guess I will give it a try and let you guys know. I actually have 14" steal from a 99 impreza, 15" steal from an 01 Leg L, 16" Alloy from a 97 LGT, and 16" from alloy from an 05 Imp. I should just jack them up and try them out. If I only had some 15" outback or impreza alloys I could really complete the test.