Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Grrrr effin junkyard! Now I need parts to replace what they broke...

So I put the turbo motor in the neutered Legacy today, discovered that the junkyard parts puller decided that he'd just unbolt one motor mount and tear the other one :mad: and of course the turbo mounts are different than the non-turbo mounts, so I need a motor mount...

And he decided to unbolt the up-pipe from the heads, losing the nuts and one stud in the process :mad:

AND he decided to unbolt the intake elbow off the turbo and lose it... so I don't have that, or the intake hoses :mad:

$900 for a stinkin motor and they do this crap... It's okay tomorrow he gets to deal with my wife :grin:

Anyone have any of the above parts?

Jessica went to the junkyard and gave them an earful today, they're going to try and source a motor mount and find the turbo piece... I gotta figure out what those parts cost from the dealer... (Especially since the junkyard will get the retail price as what they owe me, and I'll get the parts at cost + 10 :grin:)

I'm not too worried about it, gotta wait till the 18th of November to register it anyway, stupid Oregon laws... Just irritates me that I spent $950 on the engine, seat, ECU, and a tail light + trunk panel, and they fork up the engine...

• 2 weeks later...