Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2wks@still no go re-mixed atf @front diff oil

:dead: thought the prob was mixing the oil up but i have no flow from the hoses that go 2 radiator wat would cause this could it b the oil or the pump in the trans would i have 2 take mtr out again 2 fix pump and how new 2 this so finding it a bit hard 2 reply so thanks 4 any input if i cant get back may b i should jus put 5speed on and do away with the auto::-\ should b fun

As was said in the other thread, if you have no flow out of the hose at the radiator the front pump is shot. Also since the clutch material and seals is not designed for diff oil, they are all prbbly wiped out. If your going to do all the work to replace the pump (which is a lot) just replace the transmission.

nipper

As was said in the other thread, if you have no flow out of the hose at the radiator the front pump is shot. Also since the clutch material and seals is not designed for diff oil, they are all prbbly wiped out. If your going to do all the work to replace the pump (which is a lot) just replace the transmission.

nipper

swt jus got trans out do the dots on the axle gear and the cog on the trans have to line up wat are they for

Do you have no flow from both tubes? I ask because the radiator cooler section is known to block sometimes. The answer to that one is an external cooler.

hi i decided on putting another auto trans back on jus took old 1 off with mtr in and noticed dots on axle gear and andtrans drive gear wat is the importance of lining these back up;)

Don't know about the dots but when you get around to installing the transmission, make sure it slides completety up to the engine. If it seems to hang up with about 1/4 inch of being fully seated, then this means the input shaft has not engaged the pump. Don't force it as this will only break the transmission's pump.

Don't know about the dots but when you get around to installing the transmission, make sure it slides completety up to the engine. If it seems to hang up with about 1/4 inch of being fully seated, then this means the input shaft has not engaged the pump. Don't force it as this will only break the transmission's pump.

thanks i think thats wat i did installing the first one it made a pinging noise asi was tightening the bolts but i thought it just was just going on 2 the locater tabs thanks again:burnout:

That pinging sound was the pump breaking. Expect to send a lot of time getting that input shaft fully seated inside the transmission. I now always wire the TC to the transmission when I think that shaft is fully in there. This prevents everything sliding forward during the installation.