Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's always the penny parts that screw you up.

There is a circlip that holds the temp control cable in place on the heater control. Well in the process of relocating the heater control, i dropped it, and not its lost to never never land.

i'm an idiot :P

anyone have one of these babies floating around, or something that can take its place?

nipper

ace or whatever your local "Small" hardware store should have these, and if they dont, I bet they can order them for you, if they dont have them then ask for a big book that they have of fastiners. Home depot or lowes has the poorest sections of fastiners i have ever seen when it comes to metric, sometimes I wished I lived in germany or somewhere in the world where they use metric. But no one uses metric everyone uses standard right :lol: NOT ok im done whining about my fastiner woes, you could go to subaru, but youl probabbly pay at least 3 bucks (most likely more) for this thing.

Well for now i have used my nice mil spec saftey wire and its holding very very well. i just hate having anything gerryrigged if i can avoid it.

Home depot and Lowes here are Ok, but ACE is new. i havent been impressed yet with them, but they look like they have a healthy hardware collection.

On a related note, my first attempt to do surgery isnt half bad for a practice run. Looks fairly easy to move the heater control (how did God make the heavans and the earth without a dremel i will never know).

i'm just sort of running out of drive to do things, oh the joy of shorter days.

nipper

As far as Ace vs Home Depot vs Lowe's vs Menard's vs Wal-Mart... it really depends on who's working at the particular store. The old guys know what they're doing, but most of the chains are retiring them and hiring up teenagers (cheaper) that can barely help you. Sucks. :mad:

i'm an idiot :P
quit calling nipper an idiot!!!!

is this part easy to access? i have a legacy GT sedan that i might be twisted into removing it from if noone else has one. it may end up back on the road some day so i'd rather not get into it if i don't have to, but if yo'ure stuck i can.

i'm pretty sure i've got one, but it might take several days to get to it. i figured some one els would be quicker. let me know if you want me to search it out.

i remember thinking when i took it apart that this was one of the few parts i'd seen on a legacy that seem out of place. it's too small and too hard to remove . i understand how you dropped it.

some one posted recently, i think, that's easier to remove the unit with the cable by disconnecting the other end.

let me know.

john