Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 97 Legacy Brighton wagon. I found some outback alloys for a great price! I would be going from a 185/70/14 to a 205/70/15. Am I going to have enough clearance for the taller tire on my back struts? Please help I would like to scoop these wheels up asap if they will fit without rubbing!

I have a 97 Legacy Brighton wagon. I found some outback alloys for a great price! I would be going from a 185/70/14 to a 205/70/15. Am I going to have enough clearance for the taller tire on my back struts? Please help I would like to scoop these wheels up asap if they will fit without rubbing!
Should fit without problems; just make sure offset is around 50 to 55mm; aftermarket offsets of +38mm are not recommended by Subaru.

I compared the offsets on wheels at tire rack and its the same between my car and the outback of the that year. The tire size calculator is a great tool I've had it saved in my favorites for a couple of years now. I'm still a lit sketchy about it. I bent a rim and need new tires and this guy is selling the whole set with tires for $160! I would save money and upgrade from steel wheels. I'll have to watch my speeding though. At 60 I'll be doing 65. Thanks for the help so far guys!

I compared the offsets on wheels at tire rack and its the same between my car and the outback of the that year. The tire size calculator is a great tool I've had it saved in my favorites for a couple of years now. I'm still a lit sketchy about it. I bent a rim and need new tires and this guy is selling the whole set with tires for $160! I would save money and upgrade from steel wheels. I'll have to watch my speeding though. At 60 I'll be doing 65. Thanks for the help so far guys!

Bent a steel rim?

Solution: 3 lb sledge hammer.

I don't think they'll fit without rubbing on the struts in the rear. Especially mounted on OB wheels. I only know this from experience.

Dave's 195/70/15s baaaaaaaaaaaaaarely fit.

Tire Rack lists 195/60/15's as an optional size for my car. I did find some 02 Legacy wheels that depending on the make of Legacy (not listed in the ad) would have 205/60/15's. I used the tire calculator to compare and they look like they could fit. Their shorter then Zap's 195/70/15's. I'm calling about these rim's in the A.M. Any feedback would be great!

Go to nasioc.com and check the local/regional for sale classifieds. Chances are there's a set of 16" wrx wheels and tires for sale for less than $250 within driving distance. The 205/55-16s they have are a bit bigger but will fit no problem.