Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Please Help EJ22 to JDM EJ20 swap

hello all.....im looking to do an engine and trans swap in my 1996 subaru legacy. I currently have an ej22 with a 5 speed in it and was looking to swap in a JDM 2.0 Twin turbo....does anyone have any info on this swap......i have found some places selling the whole package (engine,turbos,trans,ecu,and wiring harness).....any help here would be greatly appreciated

hello all.....im looking to do an engine and trans swap in my 1996 subaru legacy. I currently have an ej22 with a 5 speed in it and was looking to swap in a JDM 2.0 Twin turbo....does anyone have any info on this swap......i have found some places selling the whole package (engine,turbos,trans,ecu,and wiring harness).....any help here would be greatly appreciated

I don't have any references for your swap but I've heard the twin turbo won't fit on left-hand drive cars because the drivers side turbo won't fit next to the master cylinder for the brake and the steering shaft. Am I wrong?

I don't have any references for your swap but I've heard the twin turbo won't fit on left-hand drive cars because the drivers side turbo won't fit next to the master cylinder for the brake and the steering shaft. Am I wrong?
Correct. In order to keep both turbos, you'd need a postal or RHD wagon.

Correct. In order to keep both turbos, you'd need a postal or RHD wagon.

Have you ever heard of anyone trying to modify that design?.......also a buddy of mine has a 1995 impreza ej18 and he is trying to do an ej25 sti swap what exactly would his problem areas be......any insight?