Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Show your Legacy/Outback knowledge...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200173111989&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

Have a look at this eBay listing and tell me if this was originally released as an Outback. Due to it all being one color, it looks like a Legacy with Outback front and rear bumpers added. Also, there is no badging on the rear stating that it is an Outback model. I've emailed the seller and he has replied that it was originally an Outback, but I've never seen one that looks like this.

It was recently repainted, the grill and even the screws for the front license were painted. The side door mouldings etc. but no sign of the two-tone outback stickers.

The body doesn't look raised like an outback, but the roofline has the Outback bump in front of the roof rack. That only on an outback.

Wonder where the fog lights went?

The VIN 4th & 5th numbers says say it's a Legacy Outback.

Resprayed outback with WRX swap....

Probably poorly done by the looks of the unilug rims. Who would go to all that trouble then put unilugs on a car? Stupid looking.

GD

Its hard to find rims that arent unilug anymore.

If they wanted to do all that work to a car they should have got a lgt instead of a outback. Just dont look right anymore

It's an Outback or it at least was, it's just ugly now. The roof is a giveaway. Legacy wagons didn't have the raised roof. Those are also outback rear seats. It's very obvious it's been painted and they painted over all the trim.

Ahhh yes, I missed the raised roofline. What makes the rear seats obvious that it is an Outback? The two-tone color? I can't see any difference from my Legacy rear seats other than the color.

I imagine that paint will start flaking off of the trim rather easily with a little bit of body flex.

I interpreted "unilug" as have one large central lug nut.

Those would be called "knockoffs" I think.

I give the builder a little credit, except for the white. The front airdam was probably an opportunity part to replace a mucked up one. The wheels are kind of sad, but it's at $1825 with no reserve, so he's doing what he can.

I wouldn't touch it myself, but if I had a pole barn, why not?

Its the bones of an outback.

Shouldnt the front seats also be two tone? Thats prblem #1

Problem #2 is no fog lights - why? Because they are expensive to replace

Problem #3 looks like that intercooler intake is a mess

Problem #4 the passenger side air bag cover doesnt look "right"

Problem #5 why is there rust on the paint in the air filter pic. Also why is there just one bolt in that mount.

Problem #6 (and i know this one personally) the graphics for an Outback is not cheap. Its easier to repaint the entire car then to replace the graphics on the nose and paint the bumper two tone.

This car has been hit or in a flood, or hit and sat in a yard for a while.

nipper

• 2 months later...