Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Steering shaft WAY too long!!!

I spent the better part of the day installing the 4" lift from AA only to find out when I put the stearing shaft in that is was about 1.5 inches too long :mad: Has anyone else had this problem?? What can I do about it?? Other than that, the soob is looking beastly:headbang:

i just helped a buddy do his lately and his was normal. maybe you got some secret 6" lift prototype part that wasn't supposed to get out yet. :eek:

give them a call out at AA and they can get it squared away for you. now that they have a secretary the phone actually gets answered.

I must have got some crappy kit from them because they gave me six of the same size bolts for the tranny x member, so I had to go to Ace Hardware and get the right bolts myself. As for calling them up, I did, and they said that they were too busy to help me out right now and I should have some buddies come and look at it. So I am not very happy with the service I have recieved and I still have a car that I cannot move out of someone elses garage with no options except to cut and weld, which is going to cost me.

man thats bs, first because they were a bunch of nice guys when i met them and next because now that you mention the bolts that was one thing on my buddys that was wrong too.

as for cutting and welding PM me i can help you with that.

this is really BS, i even noticed that they tried to start another group buy and they locked it out because some people haven't gotten all there parts from the last one yet.

im sorry but SJR is starting to look much better to me if i do another lift.

Yah, I second the SJR idea. In my mind, no one of the existing EA-82 lifts is right in all ways (let me know if you want details on this), but at least you know the SJR one has someone standing by it full time. The Ozified one is good, but it doesn't agree with everyone - especially since Patrick is away a lot. I like my AA lift for the most part, but my dealings with them were not exactly 100% painless.

the problem with AA....is they really aren't a subaru company anymore. they make a few things here and there, but they've moved their focus to weaponry (the armament part of their name...).

what kind of steering do you have? I know the manual and power steering systems require a different steering shaft.....

and yes, SJR > *