Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ22 fuel injector Q

Sonicfrog

If you want larger injectors, then the injectors for the 280Z will fit.

What are the benefits / drawbacks?

PS. I won't be doing any modding for a while as I'm going to start my student teaching in January, which is non-paid. I will be super broke for the next few months.

there is no point in going with bigger injectors as it will just pump more gas into the engine which is rather pointless... the ecu should compensate for the bigger injectors, but what's the point?

unless you putting in more boost then you don't need more fuel... when you get more air = get more fuel... :)

• 4 months later...

i strongly dissagree! stoichiometry ie. 14 : 1 air fuel ratio is intended to produce BEST EMISSIONS to power ratio. If you follow racing you would notice many people run in the range of 12:1. this results in more power but worse emissions. enough fuel to increase performance but not enough to wash cylinder walls. :burnout:

^^^hook a wideband up to your engine... it isn't going to be running at 14:1.. actuall stoich is 14.7:1... it will run right out of the box with more fuel.

reason for this is to protect from detonation with change in altitude and other conditions it is better for manufacturers to be safe than sorry. the reason race cars run something like 12:1 is to protect their motors from blowing up when running lots of boost and such.

in this circumstance, you're wrong... more gas DOES NOT = more power.