Ultimate Subaru Message Board

weber info... fact or fiction?

I dissagree Eric - every car is unique, and just because you did not have a problem with any of your pumps, does not mean that someone else couldn't. Also - who's to say that all of yours were running optimally? If you never replaced a fuel pump with anything other than a stock one, then how do you know that it wouldn't have improved the performance or response in some way?

Mine seems to be handling the stock fuel pump alright, but on sharp left turns (like REALLY sharp - into a driveway doing 30 MPH sharp) it leans out, so I think my 20 year old pump is no longer producing the volume that it once was. I will be switching to something like the carter 4070 just to see what difference it makes if anything. It surely can't hurt to try, and seemingly the Weber people agree that 2 psi is not optimal.

It could also be a case that Eric is basically correct - our engines are at the smaller end of the 32/36's spectrum, and the larger volume and higher pressure may only really be needed for bigger engines.... it's hard to say without more Subaru specific test data to go on.

GD