Ultimate Subaru Message Board

now lets sell a carb. :grin: 32/36dgv or 32dir

continuation from http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=84251

seems like I made many LONG bumps with many :grin:

for the ea71

I have ran the 32/36dgv with e85 and it works

but the plan is to run the 32dir on e85 full time with the propper jetting

does anyone have a jet chart for the dir series?

what do the letters dir mean?

I would stay away from the DIR. Its from a Renault. The DGV series is superior in so many ways. The letters dont mean that much, but there is things you can read into the part numbers. R meaning Renault.

You could use the similar jetting to what you had in the DGV, except one size smaller in the main jets.

i would rather run a 32/36 due to availability of used parts.i always buy new jets,unless i find good used ones.meaning i have had my eye on 'em.

always rebuild my carbs after about 10 thou or so.and the availabilty of the 32/36 rebuild kits is rampant as opposed to some of the others that i would run.the range of the 32/36 is good from like 1500cc or so up to 2200cc.i believe those are the recomended ranges anyway.

feel free to pipe in jim:grin:

anyways,i guess it depends on what you are going for.if you are just lookin to get fuel in your motor you could buy a monkey and train him to sit on your fender with a funnel and gas can.

but i prefer performance when it comes to my carbs.there is a wide range of options for jetting,mounting and etc. for the dgv series.i'll get off of my soap box.

cheers, brian