Ultimate Subaru Message Board

off road tires that fit in stock wheel wells?

h4life

Could a few of you guys post a pic or two of a pretty decent job on cutting the fenders on an EA82, would help me get an idea..

Thanks again :)

-Tom

PS: if I do go with 27" tires whats a good width? I don't want super wide.. I'm guessing 6 or 7" wide is good, right?

I need to post pics bad but I put 235/70r14s on mine with not so much trimming, only in the front. They measure 26.5" or 27 " off the ground. The bashing is what I've noticed. I had to bash the seam weld behind the fronts flat and trim the rest. That sucks. No room for front mud flaps. I paint what I bash, and bash whats not painted :lol:! I have a 2" lift on a 82 wagon.

One more question since I'm kinda green on the bigger tire thing,

Ok lets say you have 27x8.5 now the pugs are only 5.5 wide, so isn't that alot of stress on the beed? oh and 8.5 would that be the same as 8.5" inchs on a tape measure?

I know its kinda a dumb question..

-Tom :)

Ok heres the plan, for now I'll be going with 205/75 BFG Long trails untill I get a 2" SJR lift. Cause even if I trim the front, I'm gonna run into problems with the rear wells with 27" tires.

But I'll tell you one thing, I really appreciate all the info I've learned from these posts. Thanks again guys!

-Tom