Ultimate Subaru Message Board

help, brake rotors

bought new rotors for my 86 GL wagon from advance, went to put them on, where the rotor bolts to the hub is wider than the old one. dont have enough clearance to install the caliper mounting bracket. called them and got nothing but duhhh. help please before i order another wrong rotor through them. part they gave me was YH141249. looks right on paper but will not fit .WTF?? also new rotors are a little smaller in diameter 9" compared to 9.5". also the back is slotted/vented entirely different. anybody with similar car put any on lately and still have your receipt with part # ? napa, autozone, advance, anywhere as long as it was the correct application.

I just had the same problem, only the other way around. I went to 3 different places and they were all giving me the bigger diameter, vented rotors when I needed the smaller, solid rotors... And I have an '83, but it didn't seem to matter in their computer... The best way to get the right rotor, I found out, was to bring in the old rotor and have them match it. If I still had a recipt for those bigger rotors I would give you the pn, but I don't.