Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The deal with the temp light is...its actually better then the old idiot lights..shows blue when cold..goes off when normal and ( I guess) shows red when it gets hot.

It's a neat feature--but if you're doing 70ish on the highway in the left-hand lane and need to get all the way over to the right because you lost a water pump and had absolutely no warning that this was going to happen because there was no needle, just a little red "you're screwed" light....perhaps it wouldn't seem like such a good idea. (My '00 New Beetle had this same "feature.")

Just my .02. If I ever was to have another car without the needle, I'd put something aftermarket in (and I generally hate aftermarket garbage in my car).

Hey Tim, I'm doing pretty well--just been busy with school, work, etc. I'm finally getting stuff out of storage for the spring though, and thought I'd check back here during break. How are you and Vicky and the pups? Thanks again for the rest stop this summer!

I spotted one at dunkin donuts yesterday here in massachusetts, western region of the state bought from a local subaru dealer. I would assume base model because this one had them ugly hubcaps that subaru came out with recently for the base models for forester and legacy and outback. I am impressed though with the redesign, they stand out to me looking strong and also look to me as a aggressive handeling suv. I will have to go test drive one soon to see for myself, but they do look sweet of course I would go for the upgraded model with everything included, the model with alloys, not hubcaps, lol!

Very interesting about the new gauge cluster/temp light... I'm surprised a full needle gauge isn't optional.

I also noticed this from: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/forester/forester2009.html

That's interesting, I wonder what "type" of coolant this is?

I spoke to a local dealer about this new coolant, unfortunately I didn't ask exactly what the chemical makeup of it was - but I did learn than it can be used in older cars but that a complete flushing is recommended (no drain and fill - confirming that it should not be mixed with other coolants). Regular Subaru coolant is priced at around $18/gal, new stuff is $22/gal.

The 10 year interval will be nice - going to have my 05 OBW XT done with it.