Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86BRATMAN Meets Durania717 (Big Pics)

Shannon and his wife Ashley came down for my last day of spring break today and turned into an all day Subaru filled tinker fest. Got quite a bit accomplished. Adjusted the Brat's valves, he brought me a battery hold down hook, chrome gas cap, and a bearing assembly for my Legacy. He is buying the hatchback and the motor out of white Brat. He pulled the dash out of my Brat in about 10 minutes, and the heater core in about 5. Learned a lot and was finally glad to meet him in person instead of on the phone all the time.

Here is the pics.

100_0575.jpg

100_0576.jpg

100_0581.jpg

100_0580.jpg

100_0579.jpg

Awww Kyle..he didnt wear our personal favorite shirt:

DragoneMeet2007137.jpg

Glad you guys had a good time and its nice to see Shannon and Ashley are actually still alive and breathing.

Now y'all got to bring yourselves to carlisle!! Its not that far and its cheap to camp there.

Connie, he wore the next best thing to that shirt. The "My anger management class pisses me off" one. I have a pic but I don't think it is USMB approved.

HAHAHA I need that shirt myself!!

Seriously guys..you need to come to Carlisle!! I have a campsight that Backwoodsboy and Darlingchip...and Hatchsub and his GF ..and Tommy and me are going to share..Makes everything much more affordable....and we have WaffleHouse and Grits!! What more could you ask for when putting Subarus in the mix

It was a really pretty day in Tennessee, and an absolute pleasure to meet up with Kyle. And nice to get to ride around in my first weberized ea81. Put a grand total of 547 miles on mom's trusty ol' 98 Legacy. And it turned over 184K miles right as I turned into their driveway taking it back to them.

I need to check and make sure that we can both get off the weekend of the show. I'm pretty sure it's still early enough to request them off and get approved. Gotta love Wal-Mart:rolleyes: .

I just wonder if I would have enough time to get the hatch up here and together in time to still be able to register it in the show...

Oh, btw, my cell phone battery was too low to take a picture of the tripmeter showing 442.* miles when the gas light flashed on while we were coming home, lol.

I'm gonna have to say that before I make a day trip like this again I'm gonna have to get my days off paired together instead of seperate. Nine-ish hours on the road, plus enough time to actually hang out and have some fun equals one tired Shannon at work the next day, lol.

I'm gonna have to say that before I make a day trip like this again I'm gonna have to get my days off paired together instead of seperate. Nine-ish hours on the road, plus enough time to actually hang out and have some fun equals one tired Shannon at work the next day, lol.

i know how that can be.

I made Ashley drive for a little while on the way home, after we ate I got really, really sleepy and don't remember about a 15 minute stretch of road....

Oh and I called and made sure dad knew to put the front tag back on the car before he gets a ticket, lol

That white brat looks like its been on the east coast a little too long.

Looks like it was a fun trip though. Reading threads like these really makes me want to try and have a VA meet sometime, especially since there are a few of us in the area now.

i know its not in va, but toward the end of the summer, i usually have a cookout here in frederick.

That white brat looks like its been on the east coast a little too long.

Looks like it was a fun trip though. Reading threads like these really makes me want to try and have a VA meet sometime, especially since there are a few of us in the area now.

Yeah, the white brat made me hurt. That poor thing is literally rusted in half.

It is has the optional Fred Flinstone ABS braking system installed. I would still like to know where in the world the jump seats and the tail gate is to the bloody thing, probably 3 towns over in somebody's barn.