Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mountain Biking Reno

Uh oh, I've probably ridden less than a mile (all on paved streets:rolleyes: ) since September...I've got to get back in shape.

Yup, there's still plenty-o-snow left in Tahoe, all the USFS roads and paths are closed, and will be for some time. Heck, it's still piled 5' high along the residential streets!:eek:

Summers are nice in Tahoe, especially when it's a hundred degrees down in Reno or Sacto. Sounds like a cool plan though.

I'm in!!! There are trails everywhere... we can just ride our bikes were we usually wheel our subies! :banana:

I gotta fix my derailleur first tho. Is that how u spell derailleur?? lol:dead:

I'm good a hijacking threads so here we go.... I went on a little adventure today in my wagon. I love the change in seasons this time of year!! Everything was either white with snow or green from spring!!!

Sierra cement, perfect for a light little Subaru to drive on :)

resize1.jpg

Found this humorous sign on that trail...

sign.jpg

Just a soob shot....(Yes it was SNOWING)

subiestreet.jpg

Then right down the hill it was green and beautiful!!!! Gotta love this area :)

ncstreet.jpg

I don't know, I had some spinner hub caps on my toyota PASEO just to be SUPER fly..... they were PRETTY SICK WIT IT! (as they say... whoever they are...) Shoulda taken them off when i sold the car! :banana: They would be real sweet on a lifted brat:headbang: hehehe

I don't know, I had some spinner hub caps on my toyota PASEO just to be SUPER fly..... they were PRETTY SICK WIT IT! (as they say... whoever they are...) Shoulda taken them off when i sold the car! :banana: They would be real sweet on a lifted brat:headbang: hehehe

:banghead:

http://theflumetrail.com/ridingmap/description.html

NV Zeno suggested that trail. I think it looks like a great trail to start the season off with.

Anyone have any idea when it will be clear of snow?

Heh, it's still covered in deep snow but it's expected to be warm this weekend, so I'm sure that'll help melt some away. I think the bike season begins in May, but we've had so much snow this year that it might not be gone by then.

Is this the map you meant to post? http://theflumetrail.com/ridingmap/

That map is kinda confusing Dave. it shows more than just one trail.

I posted the other link because it had a description and a couple photos of the trail itself. I heard on the news it was supposed to get up to the 70s up there this weekend :) That should help a bit.

Yeah, I know:) . I was shooting for a good example of where the Flume Trail goes, and that's the map I'm most familiar with. I'll see if there are any others, maybe (if I can remember:rolleyes: ) I'll grab a brochure at that rental shop at Spooner next time by there.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be down in South Lake for the summer, it would be nice to meet some locals and go riding and wheeling. I am planning on driving my 88 sedan down... what do u think? Got to tell someone- I got on with the hotshot crew in Tahoe! YAY!!!!!:cool:

Thinking of buying a mountain bike. If I do, instead of a Subaru Meet I'm thinking of a Mountain Bike meet! :)

Who's in? Lake Tahoe, Reno, Sacramento... Im thinking Reno might be a better choice as there's probably snow all over tahoe still.