Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1993 loyale buggy?

A6D9

well I got a killer deal couldn't turn down. $150 for a 1993 loyale 5 speed 4X4.

my plan.... tube buggy with subaru drivetrain.

as of now the only problem is that the clutch is very gone I got no papers as the guy i bought it from returned the plates and sold it to me as a parts car and last but not least it has no exhaust broke off at y pipe.

my question is....I never had a chance to look under it, but do these cars have a subframe up front?

basicaly my plan is to keep every attached to the subframe and then build my own fram off that and then roll cage and what not. lookign for a trail buggy, nothign extreme just somethign to have a little fun with my GF's daughter and to help haul some wood for winter heat and maybe eventualy a redneck plow on the front.

i wana cut the floor right where the firewall is and leave the firewall front all intack and make the rest custom as i go.

anyone see any problems doing this?

I would love to just use the motor tranny and rear. but worry about stearring geomatry and what not. all ideas and pics will be rgeatly appreciated.

also...if my clutch is bad...since it won;t be on the road..can i just change the clutch? or should i get a full kit? 30$ compared to 170$ is a big difference for budget builds

I got no papers as the guy i bought it from returned the plates

NBD: with a bill of sale in hand (you got a bill of sale, right?) you waltz down to Service NB with: bill of sale, serial number, tax money, and $10, instant title!

There might even be a title here (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

PM me, I am but a short drive down the road (Moncton), you can come to my house, and see Subaru bits in pieces to see what there is to work with.

You gotta see what is shot, clutch wise, before you can play mix, and match.

thanx for advice.

but as of now this is going to be a traillerd buggy...no interest at all to get it on the road.

as for clutch...oh i know it is the clutch...brakes lines and rusted leakign as well and last but not least no exhaust at all...so not worth fixing.

and with 4X4 well worth the fun times for a buggy

i want a buggy just like the pic above.

where did you cut man? i was thinking at the floor/side corner and directly behind the back passenger seat... and above the windshield line for the roof then add my cage and rock and role.

sound safe/doable?

I'd consider adding a couple extra seats, I don't think you'll regret it.

I extended my buggy to a 4 seater and have never looked back!

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=438&cat=500&perpage=12&sort=3&ppuser=584

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=2100&cat=500&perpage=12&sort=3&ppuser=584

Good luck.

oh I deffinetly plan on keeping it at the very leats a 4 seater.

to be honnest was thinking 2 buckets up front, bench seat in back for 2-3 peopel dependign on how fat they are...lol and also behind the bench I'm thinkign of a mini bench that will fold flat for a flat spot for tubs and coolers what not. or if we need room more seats.

I'm not startign to think to just cut the siddes and roof off. leave the floor as is. and build a cage from that.

might cut it off at the rear tires tho to get better angles.

Also going to mount the rad where the spare tire is for more room up front. and cut a hole in the hood with some fans. seen it a few times

this will get me room up front and also be good for those nigth i hit somethgin hard...lots of room for some armor..lol

I'd consider adding a couple extra seats, I don't think you'll regret it.

I extended my buggy to a 4 seater and have never looked back!

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=438&cat=500&perpage=12&sort=3&ppuser=584

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=2100&cat=500&perpage=12&sort=3&ppuser=584

Good luck.

I was looking at your buggy just yesterday.

My plan will involve removign the roof and sides so it feels faster. I'll be riddign with 4 wheelers so speed is not so muhc an issue...but more mobility and reliability.

Also it will be the booz holder for when we get a group...lol the wagon will hold allot more weight then any whealer i know of...

this is what I did along those lines,

it only has a 2" suspension lift with 27" tires

sandlake06.jpg

sorry no gun rack. perhaps a camera rack for the wildlife...lol but no gun

This buggy once complete will be for the family to have some fun together and eventualy teach my GF's 10 year old how to drive stick.

and for random farm uses, such as haul big rump roast trees back to the barn for winter cutting..lol i can see it now little buggy with a 40-50 foot tree straped to the roof...lol bogging away...

If there's gonna be a booze holder, you'll need a gun rack too. It's the holy trinity - Alcohol, Firearms, and Four Wheelin!

See now that would be awesoem, But I'm far too lazy to go that deep into the work.

I want to keep it simple and cheap as, as soon as anythign major breaks. I will not be fixing it and thinkign of other uses for the stuff that works..lol

Here's a few pics of are buggie's