Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brake Hardware Kit?

Hey Fellas,

When we did the breaks in my '79 brat, some of the hardware for the fronts was worn out. I did a little searching for a disc brake hardware kit today and didn't turn anything up.

Do you any of you guys know where to find a hardware kit for the front discs?

Thanks,

Crabman

Hardware kit?

A disk brake "hardware kit" is simply shims that go behind the pads.

A "caliper kit" is the seals and slider seals, sometimes a piston, sometimes not, sometimes sliders, sometimes not.

Beck-Arnley shims: 084-1047

Beck-Arnley caliper kit (for the piston only) 071-4493

Beck-Arnley bare caliper: 076-0165 (L)

076-0166 ®

Hey Fellas,

When we did the breaks in my '79 brat, some of the hardware for the fronts was worn out. I did a little searching for a disc brake hardware kit today and didn't turn anything up.

Do you any of you guys know where to find a hardware kit for the front discs?

Thanks,

Crabman

I just had new sets in my hands yesterday. I'll be back at my storage later today or tomorrow and will try to bring a set or two home.

Tiny clips,springs,shims,all that cool stuff.

Send me your shipping address and notate WHAT IT IS I'm shipping :grin: ,your real name and your board name,please and I'll send a set out. Toss me the shipping and a few bucks,we'll work it out later.

Just be patient,please. I'm way over my head right now with having to move storage,etc.etc....Thanks

Hey Moosens I have just PMed you with my shipping address. If one kit is for both fronts I'll just need one kit. Bit if it is a kit for each side, I'll need two kits. You get my drift.

Thanks in advance!!

Crabman

I just had new sets in my hands yesterday. I'll be back at my storage later today or tomorrow and will try to bring a set or two home.

Tiny clips,springs,shims,all that cool stuff.

Send me your shipping address and notate WHAT IT IS I'm shipping :grin: ,your real name and your board name,please and I'll send a set out. Toss me the shipping and a few bucks,we'll work it out later.

Just be patient,please. I'm way over my head right now with having to move storage,etc.etc....Thanks

I think Moosens is going to help me out, but in the mean time if anybody has the part numbers for the little clips and the springs that go on the front discs, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Crabman

yup,just gimme some time to get thru May and June should be a lot better.....Just had those clips in my hand the other day,whole package of them.