Ultimate Subaru Message Board

fuel pump not getting voltage in 93 impreza

I have a 93 impreza with no voltage to the fuel pump. I tried pulling the codes. There were two plugs under the dash near the center that I plugged together. I guess they were the right ones but when I turned the ignition on the check engine just kept on flashing constantly. Any ideas or suggestions?

yes i believe there is a cluster there of 3 realys (main relay,fuel pump relay, sub fan#2 relay(if you have A/C)....i have chased problems up the wall because subaru decided to mount every other of the 5 A/C/Fan relays under the hood and this one under the dash...:lol: ....pick up a haynes manual....very helpful

Again the ECU is not putting out any codes. It will not do so. All it does is flash the check engine light at a steady rate. No long flashes for tens and no short flashes for the ones. Just flashing at a steady rate. I gave up counting after over thirty flashes.

Back in my 1991 Legacy, there was a connector under the back passenger seat that would tend to melt and cause the fuel pump to not receive voltage. I don't know if the early Impreza suffers some this same problem, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

I would also check the connection directly at the pump. The pump should be accessible from the trunk.