Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More colors for 2009 Legacys!

I just saw in the Subaru newsletter that for 2009 there will be red and green Legacys available. Not just all those shades of gray which could be easily lost in a parking lot.

Now if I could just have a real wagon and not an Outback. You know a car like the rest of the world can have.

That silly Outback cladding is like going to work in a clown costume. You just can't take it seriously.

IMO, most of the color offerings for the 05+ Legacy and Outback have been boring. It would be nice to see Subaru bring some decent colors back into the lineup again.

The Pretty One ab-so-lutely LOVES the Atlantic Blue on our '06 Outback. I thought the century series outback cladding was a little to GMish, but the milder cladding on the '05s and up doesn't seem out of line.

Although I've seen a couple of slightly lowered late version Legacies in the Seattle area, and they do look pretty menacing, specially the Japanese Mafioso all blacked out wagon I saw on I-5 trip before last.

But, alas, we need the ground clearance in Montana.

Just replaced my one color 2000 Legacy GT wagon (titanium pearl) with a 2008 OB 2.5i (harvest gold) and the colors are in the same range. The 08 harvest gold (also one color body) is light enough to be seen in the dark yet dark enough to go without weekly washings as the white (or black for that matter) and not look like a "beater".

The 05+ OBs style change eliminated almost all of the plastic side armor and became available in the lower end models without two-tone paint. The GT wagon had stopped production in the early 2000s so I was looking for a 05+ Legacy wagon but having stopped Legacy wagon production altogether in 07, none were available used and the cost difference was almost non-exisent between an 05 used Legacy ($17K) and an 08 OB 2.5i, (19K miles on odometer) with more bells and whistles. $18K and we now own our fifth Subaru.

Granted, the colors are tame but these OBs are not your mother's station wagon...