Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Now is there anything i should be aware of? what should I look for?

since it is H6 probably (2001 OB does have) it has external AT fluid filter which you might like to replace if you decide to change/refresh AT fluids. (yeah, people say that there is no need to replace it but since it is external, there could be a reason why it is made such... also I found it quite dirty in mine at 105k miles)

60k miles (or was it each 30?) iirc is recommended change interval of sparks and on H6 their change is fun -- so you can dedicate a few hours for that (unless you are going to raise the engine anyways which would make things much easier)

and I hope it doesn't have that weird vibration problem (at 20mph) which I am still fighting ;-)

weird vibration problem?.....like clutch shudder? mines doing that occasionally as the torque converter tries to lock up at low rpm (1200ish)

Great cars, '03 and newer are pretty dam good vehicles. Ive heard the H6 motors like to kill alternators (usually bearings fail) so thats the only extra thing id check.

weird vibration problem?.....like clutch shudder? mines doing that occasionally as the torque converter tries to lock up at low rpm (1200ish)
nope. I reported on it earlier , then gave up on it, but I think I should come back to 'fixing' it... it is either front differential, or its studs or smth in suspention. I just need a reliable tech to look at it... but let me stop here to don't hijack the thread