Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lug nuts on pugs keep coming loose.

I've never owned a set of Pugs, but I recall hearing that you need some sort of special lugnuts, with a washer, I believe. May be wrong though.

Oh yeah, make sure you got the correct thread pitch, of course. I've had an instance where I used standard lugnuts on a metric studs... the wheel fell off, literally :lol:

Anyone have problems getting the lug nuts on aluminum pugs to stay tight? I have gotten new lug nuts that are open ended on the back so they will seat all the way. Is there anything else I should know? Thanks in advance.

the pug alloys take ball seat lug nuts, not the standard taper.

After watching my pug alloy and tire pass me on the road and dodging two lanes of traffic I invested in adapters from a vw parts house. They cost about $20 shipped to the east coast and no problems. Google vw acorn lug adapter and I'm sure that will solve your problem.

David

Upon further review http://www.vwparts.net/MB9508.html

yeah, as McBrat said if they're the 15" spoke alloys in your photo gallery then you need the special ball seat acorn lug nuts...

you can post here in the wanted section for some pug lugs, or use the link that pierman2 posted to get adapters...

--Spiffy