Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help installing SJR lift in my area!

kamikaz

I live in Northern Delaware & would like to install a SJR EA82 4" lift on my '92 Loyale 4x4 wagon. I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a person or shop(possibly within a 100 mi.) that could either install the kit for me or at least give me a hand? As I have some mechanical abilities but I've never done anything like this & I'm in need of some major help!

Thanks in advance,

Ray:cool:

I live in Northern Delaware & would like to install a SJR EA82 4" lift on my '92 Loyale 4x4 wagon. I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a person or shop(possibly within a 100 mi.) that could either install the kit for me or at least give me a hand? As I have some mechanical abilities but I've never done anything like this & I'm in need of some major help!

Thanks in advance,

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!.

There are a ton of people on here that have done it. The kit is made for your car(.p.s. you picked the best),the biggest challenge for me was the steering shaft. the rest is basic stuff.

here is a start for details, ill get some pictures up in a little bit.

and im sure others can post some helpfull stuff.:popcorn:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85496

This is just some basic info to get you familliar with the overall picture.

if you can,Print the digram that I drew,and (SAFELY) look under your car and I.D. the main components,were the cross members meet the body.

this is were your lift blocks will go. Think of it like the cars body is one crust of a OREO cookie,and the crossmembers are the other crust, and the lift is the cream filling. Spread the crusts apart, and squize in the filling!!!!!!!!!!tis should help you get familiar with things.:cool:

On my lift, the struts are 4" towers,3" engine crossmember,2" on the trans crossmember. upper radiator hose 3 inches longer,anti pitch rod(that wierd bracket from the firewall to the engine), and the steering shaft extention. Thats basically it othe than a few minor mods/tweeks/pounding/trimming.

On the rear, 4" shock bracket,3" diff drop(on the mustache bar),2"on the diff"s front mount. You should be able to see each part on the ddiagram below. Its crude,and maynot match each discription perfectly,but should help the mistery. :popcorn:

subframe_lift_digram.jpg

Between the link you sent & your diagram, I think, I may be able to tackle this with minimal help. Thank You for the pics & for taking the time to help! By the way, the car looks awesome!

Much Appreciation,

No Problema, welcome to the club, Any pics of you project????

P.S. If you get ready soon,or whenever, we can go over each step,and the tools needed for the process in detail. and some safty measures to get you prepaired:cool: .

PICS PICS PICS?????????????????????????????

I just got the wagon a week ago today. I'm probably gonna start the project in mid-Sept. to early Oct. I'll get some pics of the car before,during & after. I have one other question, do I have to buy the 3" diff lowering kit & the 4" engine crossmember block set seperate from the kit? or are they included? 'Cause they're not shown with the 4" EA82 lift kit. I'll definitely be in touch throughout the project. I may even try a step by step thing through PM's if we set up a weekend where you're able to do so. That would be even better. I'd like to spray all the bolts I'll be removing now, so when I go to start they should loosen a little easier. What would you recommend I spray them with?

Thanks Again,

What would you recommend I spray them with?

PB Blaster seems to be the choice of most folks around here, although i've had good success with Liquid Wrench.

Plenty of people have tackled this on their own without ever doing one before, and with the help of good folks on this board, you'll be rollin' in no time.