Ultimate Subaru Message Board

question about mufflers

edit:

why would you want a muffler on it?

I have a Cherry Bomb Glass Pack...

ok so yeah I want a cherry bomb on mine as well but I don't want to cut the pipe that goes to my muffler if its the only one I have! I want to have the easy option to go back to a muffler if I need to for inspection or want to because I get tired of it being a little loud. So Thats why I wanted to know if a Loyale muffler would work so that I can use that if I need to! Thanks for the replies and if anyone knows for sure please let me know! Thanks

ok so yeah I want a cherry bomb on mine as well but I don't want to cut the pipe that goes to my muffler if its the only one I have! I want to have the easy option to go back to a muffler if I need to for inspection or want to because I get tired of it being a little loud. So Thats why I wanted to know if a Loyale muffler would work so that I can use that if I need to! Thanks for the replies and if anyone knows for sure please let me know! Thanks

Well we dont have emissions or inspections up here, and I didnt really care if I cut the pipe as I was runnin without a muffler for a long time. $54 ticket later I bought a cherry bomb and welded it up :)

Well we dont have emissions or inspections up here, and I didnt really care if I cut the pipe as I was runnin without a muffler for a long time. $54 ticket later I bought a cherry bomb and welded it up :)

Yeah Maine is unreasonably strict on their inspections! I'm not real concerned about getting pulled over but its the yearly inspection that I kinda worry about!

I dont see why it wouldnt work if the exhaust pipe on the Brat is the correct size to fit the inlet side of the muffler - which it may, or may not be.

Only way to know for sure without cutting/fitting would be to measure - with a caliper - the outside diameter of the pipe and the inside diameter of the muffler inlet.

no inspections here either - Cherrybombs rule!!! :lol:

I dont see why it wouldnt work if the exhaust pipe on the Brat is the correct size to fit the inlet side of the muffler - which it may, or may not be.

Only way to know for sure without cutting/fitting would be to measure - with a caliper - the outside diameter of the pipe and the inside diameter of the muffler inlet.

no inspections here either - Cherrybombs rule!!! :lol:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that the pipe will be close enough but I was just worried about the actual bend of the pipe where it comes around the rear suspenision area.

Find another stock "catback" assembly, and weld the cherry bomb to your existing pipe. That way you can swap them out with two bolts...

Yeah that's a good idea but again I'm just trying to see if I can use what I got without having to buy anything. If I had to buy another muffler, I probably wouldn't hack up the one I have just to put a cherry bomb on it.