Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber installed: Insanely fast "idle"

Hey yo's

This sucker idles like a dream and the torque in first and second is awesome, but the top end is much worse than the hitachi was.

I'm aware there's no real improvement here over the $hitachi, but being able to cruise @ 60 would be boss :)

Under load (ie. 25mph in third, 50mph in 4th) it farts out and sputters.

Pulling out of gear and giving throttle makes it better, so i'm guessing it is a lack of fuel.

Now i realize there is another circuit that comes into play above 1,200 RPM, and no amount of adjusting can help over this threshold.

Probably needs some different jetting for the top end, perhaps all around as i live at an elevation of 4,8xx feet.

Drop five is what i've read for 5-6.5k ft.

But wouldn't i need to go larger, as opposed to smaller,

in the secondary jets, if it is acting fuel starved!?

I Suggest to move your Engine`s Timing Forward, that was Happening with my Weberized Wagon when I First installed the Weber... it Gives Much more Fuel / Air than the Craptachi... Worth Try to Advance the Timing.

JesZeK-SubaruEA82AnimatedEngine.gif?t=1228797413

I Drive my EA82 Weberized Wagon at 25º without Problems... and the Under-the-Hood Sticker Says "8º +/- 2"

:eek: Now That`s a Huge Difference! ... My Weberized Wagon Needed Spark Plugs & Coil Upgrade (Accel Superstock) to Handle better the New Mixture Amout Given.

Also: Check for an Unplugged Vacuum Advance Line, the one from the Carb to the Disty.

Good Luck! :burnout: