Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am wanting to swap some 04 wrx front seats into my 95 legacy and my 97 impreza. I was wondering if there are any aftermarket seat rails that sit low and bolt right on, so that the new seats won't sit high, it might not be that big of a problem in the legacy but theres not much head room in the impreza, plus I would like to be able to keep and use the height adjuster so when my girlfriend needs to drive it she can raise up the seat to see. Does anybody know how to mount them so they dont sit high or do I just have to deal with it or get different seats. Also will the 02-03 wrx seats not sit high since they look different.

Thanks in advance

I have '03 WRX seats in my '97 Impreza (originally in my '91 Legacy). They fit just fine; I didn't even have to change the rails. I just had to use 4 of the 5 mounting holes since the Imp and Leggy didn't have a threaded portion on the inside rail (only one bolt needed). You also have to install the matching seat belt holder from the old car onto the WRX seats.

edrach do the 03 wrx seats have the height adjusters and is the only difference between the 03 and 04 wrx seats just the shape, because I really like the one piece look of the 04, better then the 03 that has a seat back with a adjustable headrest on top

yes the 02/03 seats are height adjustable on the drivers side, and VERY COMFY!! i have them in my 96 Impreza outback sport and LOVE them.

you can fit them into a loyale, but you need to modify the loyale brackets onto the WRX seats, i have done it and have 97 legacy outback front seats in my lifted 86 wagon w/ seat heaters.