Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where do these wires go??

i have several wires and plugs that dead end or are not connected :) but the car still runs ... maybe i should just rip those wires out...

now some of the wires that dead end are supposed to run my rear defroster and wiper motor... and who knows what else, maybe i shouldnt rip them out...

The black n red one is probably the resistor bypass wire. It is made to give the engine full battery volts while starting. This is because the starter drops the volts very low and then the resistor on the coil drops it again so you end up trying to start on 8 to 9 volts on a 10v coil.

The plug one looks like it should plug into the fuseable links box. And the black n yellow should go on the negative side of the coil.

So does the red and black one go to the coil? And what is the fuseable links box? and where is it?

It is located right under where the coil would go. It should have a gray cover of it red and green wrote on the top of it. If you pull the cover off, you will have three wires inside of it. Those are your fusible links.

I think it is an 88 but i am not 100% sure of that and it is the 1.8l turbo motorm not sure what kind of car it is out of, i am doing a motor swap. Here are the wires i dont know where they go, and also that plug i dont know where it goes? it looks like i am missing something down there but i dont know what it would be. The bottom picture is where the wires are, they are right by the coil

untitled-4.jpg

untitled-22.jpg