Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Howdy from MD!

I think I have finally found my people! I recently bought my 02 OBW and am looking for low-buck hop ups/ tech advice. I work on my own stuff- not some pansy that runs to the dealer for an oil change (you know who you are!). Looking forward to some good times:headbang:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I stopped checking this thread after about 2 weeks- no replies.

I'm actually smack dab between ya in Mt.Airy (across from Black Ankle vineyards if you fancy the dead grapes).

Is there anywhere to go 'wheelin around here? We used to invade the quarry in Mt. Airy, but it doesn't look like you can get in anymore.

I have an 02 2.5/auto (wintergreen?) that I picked up as a commuter. When the tax check comes, I'm planning on sway bars, rotors, timing belts, tensioners, and seals. I bought it @ the Manheim auction as a commuter, as I work in B'more.

Is IAG on rte. 140 in Finksburg any good. A friend had a 2.5 SB dropped in his WRX there, but I don't have $5k to spend.......

Edited by fleming442

i used to drive past IAG everyday for work, but i have no experience with them. i do all my own work so i don't really know all that much about shops in the area. i would avoid EIP too, but maybe you'd like them.

what are you looking for, a place to have your maintenance done or a place to do stuff like an engine swap?

a friend of mine up by Westminster owns his own place and does general mechanic work. he can certainly do anything automotive but he's not going to be interested in an engine swap and custom stuff like that.

i used to drive past IAG everyday for work, but i have no experience with them. i do all my own work so i don't really know all that much about shops in the area. i would avoid EIP too, but maybe you'd like them.

EIP is gone and dead. screwede one too many customers i think. but iag is freaking awsome. jj, the guy that owns iag is awsome as well.

i dont work for frederick motorsports. they are off of bernard street, which is across from the large stone church on franklin. teyare in the shop behind the house on the corner of franklin and bernard.

hit me up some time, there are a few places around frederick to go wheeling, not the most technical, but still fun none the less.