Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my driveway is a iced rutted crap

i almost hit my tree backing out.

then i almost hit the house.. its pure glazed ice that is rutted, cant steer thru this crap even. wherever the car wants to go it will,. hope i dont crash. thats backing out the little hill. pulling in, well brakes are useless as well as steering wheel. just close eyes, and dont hit something.

i almost hit my tree backing out.

then i almost hit the house.. its pure glazed ice that is rutted, cant steer thru this crap even. wherever the car wants to go it will,. hope i dont crash. thats backing out the little hill. pulling in, well brakes are useless as well as steering wheel. just close eyes, and dont hit something.

BTDT :burnout: on ice fwd sucks

althoug the rescue wagon in 4x4 low did much better :D

I've been suprised the ice that my suby can climb with four studded snow tires. At parents house in WA, the driveway turned into a glazed ice runway, with some 25% slopes -- the suby went right up, squirming a bit. My own driveway last night was getting quite icy (the warm weather is melting the snow... usually it just stays snow all winter). Tried it in 2wd, which stopped... then it could not start even in 4wd, and I had to back up and try it again -- no problem then. Yeah... steering is a bit useless -- that's what the ruts are for, to take over steering :lol:

I've been suprised the ice that my suby can climb with four studded snow tires. At parents house in WA, the driveway turned into a glazed ice runway, with some 25% slopes -- the suby went right up, squirming a bit. My own driveway last night was getting quite icy (the warm weather is melting the snow... usually it just stays snow all winter). Tried it in 2wd, which stopped... then it could not start even in 4wd, and I had to back up and try it again -- no problem then. Yeah... steering is a bit useless -- that's what the ruts are for, to take over steering :lol:

Honestly i havent seen a spec of pavement in any towns in Canada yet, its basivally a half foot of ice covering every square inch of our towns and cities plus the snow, Dreadful.....and hella fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I had to pull my friend out of my driveway saturday.

Tonight when i came home, i punched it thru where the plow piles it up along the street. got thru but was spinning. Went to the bottom of my drive, decided to back out to smash out more snow. Almost got stuck, was spinning all 4 wheels. got thru, and ran back and forth a few times Its good now, but the wind is just strarting to pick up some bits. I beter go out every so often and repeat the back and forth.

brent