Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1997 Impreza/1999 Subaru legacy - fenders/bumper/hood

Good day all. It is a sad winter. we have no subaru's on the road! Just spun around today on snow with our Audi A4 Quattro...

Have a question for the board. Has anyone used 1997 Impreza outback fenders/bumber and hood on a 1999 subaru legacy as a replacement? Our 1997 is dead, but has good fenders, bumper and hood. Someone has a good 1999 Subaru legacy with front end damage on fenders, hood and bumper and wanted to swap. Thanks.

Damon

Bent valves in the 2.2. Parked in different state. Broke down in Mass. parked at my wifes parent home(1.5 hours away). Been siting for a few months now. Starting to getting rusty around fenders. Has 200K. Needs shocks. My wife still likes it. I have been considering rebuilding motor or getting replacement. Not sure exacly which years 2.2 will work.

Damon

Would but would be more work due to switching over the sensors and manifold. (90-94 being obd1 and 96 onward obd2. Any non egr 2.2 except the 95 unless you get the y-pipe with it.

Where in Mass is the car? Im in springfield and have a 97 2.2 out of a MT legacy in my garage.

Would but would be more work due to switching over the sensors and manifold. (90-94 being obd1 and 96 onward obd2. Any non egr 2.2 except the 95 unless you get the y-pipe with it.

Where in Mass is the car? Im in springfield and have a 97 2.2 out of a MT legacy in my garage.

There you go!!!!

The cars in Fall River below boston. Which will could easly pickup, but have so many things going on it hasn't been a priority. I would be interest in your motor. What does iyours need., etc and how much? I have new timing parts, etc. for ours. thanks.

Damon

I bought the 97 legacy in September of 08.The car had 300k on it. The clutch was worn nearly beyond use (but it was also original) and it was coming up on needing a timing belt within 10k. It also needed tires and brakes. I bought the car fom the original owner and he provided all service history from the time it was new. dealer serviced the first couple of years then the receipts tend towards independant repair shops in the Sturbridge area. Hadn't managed to do anything to it before some slick roads in November did the car in. I stripped the engine trans and rear diff and sent it the boneyard.

With your timing kit and a couple of new oil seals I think you would be good to go.

I'll try to get at it tonight to to give it a once over and make sure I haven't left anything important out.

Bent valves in the 2.2. Parked in different state. Broke down in Mass. parked at my wifes parent home(1.5 hours away). Been siting for a few months now. Starting to getting rusty around fenders. Has 200K. Needs shocks. My wife still likes it. I have been considering rebuilding motor or getting replacement. Not sure exacly which years 2.2 will work.

Damon

90-98 2.2 will work, only difference is in 96 they switched to single port exhaust, so if you buy a older engine just get the front y-pipe from the place you get the engine from.

Really any 2.2 will work you just might have to change a few things over etc. You could probably find a cheap replacement for that in a junk yard somewhere. Check craigslist

+100

It is a 5 spd. Would 1990-1994 2.2 work?

Damon

yes