Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NOR CAL FOLKS! (Esp. Sac Town)

ok, well I know before that I've tried to get a little meet up group going in nor cal for some wrenching fun and eventual off roading, but it seems like people are really spread out! I'm wondering if by chance the Sac area people have multiplied at all by now??? I know only of TheSubaruJunkie in the immediate Sac area, and he's sold out for the Yota off roader! :Flame: though I think he might be interested in a meet up still. Anyways, I'm trying to buy a new toy, and i think i found a great one, but i will really need some help getting her going.... so i'm trying to hook up with some people who can help, as well as find some people i can help wrench, and just get a good little group going... soooooooooo, if you're out there, lemme know! I have a garage we can work in, but not TOOO many tools (trying to find a good air compressor.... but dont have one yet...) so lets get something going! I'm in midtown and ready to wrench whenever!

PLEASE LET THERE BE SOME NEW SACTO PEOPLE OUT THERE!!!! I NEED FRIENDS!!!! hahaha

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man. Yeah im still around, and even tho I wheel a Toyota, I still daily drive a Subaru. My newest to the collection is a 1983 Brat.

I tried to organize a meet up in the Tahoe area, but that kinda fell through. My Brat needs more work than I originally thought, and I can't rely on it to get me to Tahoe & back under its own power.

A local meet tho, that can probably be arranged.

Well that would be awesome then if we could get your brat going well, esp if we can use the shop. i SUCK at cars still ( and dont make connie come and slap you for saying it's cuz i'm a girl.....):) ; but i'm more than willing to do whatever someone tells me to help. i'm in oregon picking up my 06' imp. (hit up deer up here about 6 weeks ago, so she's been in the shop) but i should be back in sac by the weekend, and pretty much any time after that i would be up for helping you out on the brat. Let me know.

Well the brat runs and drives great, but its just a bunch of wiring problems that need to be sorted out. Unfortunatly, it looks like i will need a new wiring harness & dashboard, so as soon as I have those parts I can resume working on it. It's still my daily driver for the time being.

Whats this project you're planning on picking up??

The Brat I found on Craigslist, and it turns out it was from an Old Board member, Will Smith.

The exterior is in great shape, but he did alot of body work to it. Its actually two cars welded together. The front half is from a 1983 GL10 Wagon, and the rear is from a Brat. You couldn't tell unless I pointed out the welds (which can only be seen from inside the car).

It runs great and even passed smog. I got it for $500 cause it needed a tranny. After I replaced the tranny, we found out it had the incorrect throw-out bearing all along.

Now Im weeding through a handfull of wiring problems from his swap. It has power windows, mirrors and all the options a GL10 would have... but it looks like he converted from a digital dash to analog and its a real mess in there.

daniel, did you get my pm? And when would you want to meet up? we'll probably have to work around thesubarujunkie, as he actually works for a boss man i think... evenings are obviously best for me... as for a day, i really dont care... whenever.. i'd REALLY like to have someone come with me to take a look at this car i think i'm going to get... well, if i have to tow it, then i'll HAVE to find someone who can come with me, as i sod my truck and trailer....:mad: