Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just picked up a 1990 Legacy AWD Wagon (5-speed). It is super clean and has rebuilt heads, cold air intake, new wheels, tires, brakes, A/C, and everything works. The only think I will need to do is replace the ricey sounding muffler and replace the antenna that's missing. I also want to find a stock shift knob to switch back to. $1200 to me was a steal for this car. :)

90Legacy.jpg

90Legacy-2.jpg

90Legacy-4.jpg

Cheers,

Bobby

Edited by bobs97c5

Looks good! Is that the one that subaruguru had for sale?

No idea, I bought it from a local seller here in Medford, OR. The guy was nice as could be and honest about everything. The car has a lot of servicing documentation to help me see how well the car has been cared for by the dealership and last owner.

Looks nice. The red with black wheels do look good but as you said that shifter needs to go. I would have un threaded it going down the road and tossed it out the window. If the muffler is in good shape I would be interested in buying it when you get another one.

Looks nice. The red with black wheels do look good but as you said that shifter needs to go. I would have un threaded it going down the road and tossed it out the window. If the muffler is in good shape I would be interested in buying it when you get another one.

Most definitely the crappy shift knob must go! I need to keep my eyes peeled for a stock shifter or maybe a better aftermarket shift knob.

I'll send you a PM when I get the new muffler on. The one on there now is new and in good shpae, but just too loud for a Legacy IMO. It has a nice boxer rumble and doesn't drone at high RPM, but still I prefer quieter exhuast unless it's on an STi.

you want to see a tall shifter check out mine i made, its a kartboy short shifter with a 3inch aluminum extension i made, its perfect throw length now and great position near the wheel.

Holy crap :eek: that is one tall shifter. Your kartboy got a 3" lift! :lol:

If I look for a new aftermarket Legacy shift knob, then what size works? Will newer 5MT legacy shift knobs work on my 90 Legacy? How do you remove the shift knob? Pull up or twist off?