Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• 5 years later...

yes,

a manual trans rear diff from an 00 - 04 outback , GT, or forester will work.

starting in 01, the rear diff on outbacks was a VLSD, or ''locking'' rear diff.

But can I use a locking diff? this is what I ordered....

Item specifics Condition: Used Conditions & Options: REAR, 2.0L, MT (4.11 RATIO) Mileage: 7000 GenuineOEM: True Model: IMPREZA Inventory Number: 440-58698B Year: 2013 Designation: Used Inventory ID: 317573 Placement: Carrier Assembly Stock #: 140261 PartNumber: 440

• 2 years later...

Hello fellow subarians!))

Please help me with this dilemma.

I have an European Subaru Legacy BC7, EJ22.

It has to have a TZ102ZG1BA transmission, but I managed to find american TZ102ZA2AA transmission only. Can you assure me that I can only change transmission and control unit and I won't need to change my rear diff, propeller shaft and harness?

I have ECONOMY button above the parking brake. Do american first-gen Legacies have this button?

• 1 year later...

I know this is a super old thread hopefully some of you guys are still on there but I am trying to cross reference this transmission number  TZ1ATZAEAA-WX.                                        I have no idea what year it was out of I do know it's a phase 2 with screw-on filter the wiring plug is the same as my car manly what is the final gear ratio I need it to match this transmission gear ratio which I believe is 444 and the number is TZ1A2ZJEBA-WZ that is what is in my car now and it's a 99 SUS Phase 2 transmission with screw-on filter. So if it is a different gear ratio i just need to know so I can swap a differential in it I'm sure I have one I don't want to play guessing what gear ratio it is when it comes time to swapping out Transmissions thanks guys

Johnceggleston - posted on first page of this thread - has a few detailed threads where he breaks down or decodes what the numbers in the auto trans part numbers represent. 

Find some of those. 

Did you search the online Subaru parts websites for it?  Google it?

Edited by idosubaru