Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Interesting Glossary of Terms for older Subarus

In my searching for all things old Subaru in the last few weeks I found a "Glossary of Terms" with some pictures and descriptions of 70's and 80's Subaru parts and cars that I though would be some fun for the old hands here and a perhaps some help for the newer old Subaru owners here.

http://www.economysuperstar.com/milesfox/subaru/service/glossary-index.htm

Another few "not quite rights"

4EAT does not have a center differential. It has a hydraulic clutch pack identiacl in function to the 4wd 3at. the Difference between the 2, and what allows the 4EAT to be "fulltime 4wd" is that there is a computer controlling the excact amount of engagement of the clutch. the 3at was all or nothing. But again there is NOT A DIFFERENTIAL in the center of the 4EAT.

Another miss is the gear ratio description for single range trans. Listed as 3.7, only turbo models with the S/R 5-speed where 3.7 gears. The 3.9 single range came in 85-89 DL and some non turbo GL-10s, as well as in 90-94 Loyales.

One more is the listing of the 3at as all being 3.7. Again, later GL's(87 +) and Loyale equipped with the 3at were 3.9 ratio

I Found another one... (but I Wasn`t Searchin` for) ...The Hitachi Carburetors.

The Site says: 2bbl carburetor found on EA71, EA81, and 85-87 EA82

Not Only Loyales Got `em untill 1994, Legacies Came Here with Hitachi Carbs from year 1989 to 1993 in EJ18 Engines. That`s for our Latin American Market, same as Asian.

Kind Regards!