Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Which year 2.2's have EGR in intake (for swap)?

Hi, tried to search but 2.2 and EGR wouldn't work.

I'm wondering what year/model/trans had 2.2 with EGR. Doesn't matter if I have swap the Y-pipe.

I know the 95 legacy 5 speed had one, but they are getting hard to find. Any others? Or other ways to do it?

Also wondering if a 2.2 will swap into a 99 OBW. I know the 99's were an odd year.

Thanks for the help!

Well, I just found a good 95 to use, with egr, but I'd still like to know if someone out there could point me in the right direction for a list. Seems like it would be a very useful sticky.

i think:

90 - 94 none have egr

95 - 96 auto trans have egr, manual trans don't

97 - 98 they all have erg, although some parts suppliers indicate only auto trans do.

Edited by johnceggleston

that's a little misleading. this is REALLY easy for you. you want any intake manifold from 95-98 except from a 1995 manual trans. there are very few 96+ that don't have EGR. even the manuals, they have EGR usually.

96+ nearly all of them have EGR.

it is VERY hard to find non-EGR manifolds in 96+ vehicles, i've tried! i've only come across one non-EGR 96+ manifold in my day and it was a 97 or 98 automatic go figure. i want the non-EGR stuff since EGR is a big worthless, pointless, decrease in reliability, pain anyway.

so if you end up with one without EGR (which you won't), then i'll take it!

Edited by grossgary

that's a little misleading. this is REALLY easy for you. you want any intake manifold from 95-98 except from a 1995 manual trans. there are very few 96+ that don't have EGR. even the manuals, they have EGR usually.

96+ nearly all of them have EGR.

it is VERY hard to find non-EGR manifolds in 96+ vehicles, i've tried! i've only come across one non-EGR 96+ manifold in my day and it was a 97 or 98 automatic go figure. i want the non-EGR stuff since EGR is a big worthless, pointless, decrease in reliability, pain anyway.

so if you end up with one without EGR (which you won't), then i'll take it!

i knew there was something wierd about 97 - 98. i edited above to not send out bad info. that opposed forces website shows only a/t with egr 97 - 98. it also reffers to "destination codes: C0, U0, U1, UT", any idea what that means.

it is confusing and even though what he's looking for is almost all that's out there, either way you roll the dice the best way is to visually confirm/ask for sure.

destination codes, i have no clue. funny they'd list the auto's like that. odd indeed. particularly considering i have bought a few.