Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i have a '97 imp.2.2 awd that could be using a new clutch sometime in the near future and i was wondering if there are any super fancy clutches that i could put on this thing. (im come from the old gen side of the forum.)

also if any of these upgrades are just bolt on or need to be modded.thanks

-D

WRX clutch...nope....your 97 2.2 impreza should be a cable,push type clutch...the WRX is a hydraulic, pull type clutch...doubt it would work....if you want something thats tough...you could always contact ACT, or Exedy and see if they have anything available....Personally somewhere in the near future ill be putting a clutch in my WRX and was going to go with ACT (only because i cant afford a twin disc exedy...lol..like over $2000!..) I believe ive seen like semi-performance clutches for the 2.5 GT's some places so there could be something out there...

or try clubwrx.net..... i still believe a WRX clutch kit wont work...unless you buy the different clutch fork and convert it to a hydraulic clutch...the release bearing for the WRX kind of snaps into the pressure plate fingers as opposed to just riding on the outside of them like your impreza...or i assume you could prob. use your clutch fork with a WRX throwout bearing... either way i wouldnt put to radical of a clutch in there...lol