Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1988 GL10 Factory Service Manual?

i got a 1988 gl10 awd turbo with my manual still newish looking i can let it go for like $50. let me kno

I think he means the Factory Service Manual. Not the owners Manual.

If it is all 4 books for $75 on ebay that is a good deal. I've paid an average of $100-150 for complete sets in decent shape. They are totally worth it, it will be the best money you ever spent on the car.

Gloyale is correct. It may seem that it is a lot of money to purchase the set of 4 manuals but if the purchase saves you one trip to the service shop it will pay for itself right there. Add to that the time they will save you looking for things, particularly with wiring problems. There isn't a subsitute for the factory manuals. You can get the set of manuals for less but you may have to wait a while for a better deal. I paid about 100 dollars for my '88 manuals when I purchased the car new. Though I don't have the car anymore I still have the manuals. The manual that covers the wiring is the most used. Once you use the manuals for reference on a repair you will see what a good investment you made.