Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 Brat after second redo

I bought this Brat in 97 to drive back and forth to work. After a year or two kind of got attached to it somewhat. Had it painted in sept. of 01 for the first time. Just had it painted sometime early last year again. Added the factory repo stripe back a few months ago. Cleaned up the wheels and had them painted a few weeks ago with new lugnuts, polished the center caps and am going to try and just drive the dickens out of it for a while. So here is a okay picture I took a couple of weeks ago.

post-318-136027631158_thumb.jpg

post-318-136027631165_thumb.jpg

Edited by bratman2

Over the years I have added KYB rear shocks, Magnaflow SS rear muffler with 2-inche exhaust from the Y pipe back, Webber carb, new radiator, Subaru RS seats out of a 03 RS. the seats were new when I got them taken out of a newly purchased RS that was being converted to a rally car. Also installed 6 speaker stereo, new carpet, had the bed done a couple of times, it needs another go at it now. There is lots more that I have done over the years and most of it escapes me right now.

Nice brat man! (sorry, pun not intended)

Why in the world would you want to drive it to death?

Or in your words, "drive the dickens out of it"?

If it looked like my brat, then yeah, drive it till it drops, but yours is so nice!

I just wish I had the time and skill to do what you have done to mine. :-\

But hey thanks for showing us your beautiful 87' Brat!

Twitch (de la Brat!)

Well I guess that was a poor term to use. I gave my wife the newest car we had and we cut down vehicles. I have the Brat and a 2005 Suzuki Bandit and she has the 05 car. I don't forsee ever selling the Brat . So it is my primary four wheel ride. It doesn't get abused.