Ultimate Subaru Message Board

clutch throw out bearing return spring

I am in the process of replacing my clucth amongst several other things on my '81 Brat GL EA81 with a 4 speed dual range tranny. When I pulled off the clutch fork the throw out bearing it came right off of the clips that hold it to the clutch fork. So my question is does anybody know how these clips go:

007.JPG

the only way they seem to fit doesn't seem like a very good connection like this:

005.JPG

another view:

006.JPG

the money shot:

002-2.JPG

I know its kind blurry but its the best I could get for the time being, those clips have a bent part that goes through a small hole on the fork. It seems like they should grab the bearing a bit better.

any help is appreciated

thanks,

-Kurt

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, but I've just had a similar problem with these clips... I managed to remove and replace my gearbox and when i went to attach the clutch cable i heard the little throw out bearing spring, ping off......

the clutch fork has very little movement too, do think the bearing is in the wrong place ?

and should i bother taking it all apart again to put that little spring on before i take the :Flame: to it :P

cheers people